ASA is continually following COVID-19 and its impact on our community. Any updates regarding our current or upcoming adult seasons will be sent out to players via email, posted on our Facebook page, and updated here. Any modifications to the upcoming HS/MS fastpitch seasons will come from ASD/ASAA, which ASA will distribute here and through our Facebook page. We are working with the Alaska Department of Education and Early Development and the Alaska Department of Health and Social Services to ensure our events are held in a safe manner.
We recommend that you take the following precautions at any upcoming events:
• Wash your hands frequently, using soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is a valuable tool when soap and water aren’t available, but handwashing remains the best option;
• Avoid touching people, skipping handshakes/high-fives in favor of friendly waves;
• Avoid touching your face and cover your coughs and sneezes.
The CDC recommends that people under any of the following criteria should avoid attending group events:
• Persons aged over 60 years;
• Persons with underlying medical conditions, such as heart disease, lung disease, diabetes; OR
• Persons who have symptoms of an acute respiratory illness or fever.
If you are showing any cold or flu symptoms, the CDC recommends you stay home and avoid public areas until you are:
• Free from fever without the use of fever-reducing medication;
• No longer showing symptoms, including a cough;
• You have tested negative on two separate respiratory samples collected at least 24 hours apart.